Video of the App starting up and Swiping through dudes
Video of the Messaging part of the App, where Anne meets Tom
I was commissioned to create a poster revolving around the theme "A Night on the Atlantic City Boardwalk". I was given leeway to do whatever I wanted, and though I like when clients give feedback and have ideas, I am also comfortable trusting my instincts and doing my thing,
Since portraits are a strength and love of mine, I felt a group of people around a table would be a good start. The boardwalk on the table was added next, and I researched old photos to find ideas.
This poster is large (2ft by 3ft) and was designed in Illustrator and colored in Photoshop. This is also a good example of how detailed I can go if told to keep working. I could still spend days on this thing adding details and variations. So when clients ask how much something will cost, I occasionally respond "how much do you want it to cost?"
A cover for a publication of stage plays, I was commissioned to make a drawing based on a play and to include as many references to the material as I could.
This image was done traditionally, with pen and ink.
Since the story involved genetics and DNA, I put the strands of DNA center stage, with a brain behind it. The influence of our minds to pull the strings of our lives is referenced by the controlling hand over the top. Chance and the unpredictability of life was another theme in the story, represented by playing cards.
The butterflies were used in the story to allude to the concept of changing from one thing to another.
I liked the concepts involved and tried my best to also give a look and feel of precision with clean linework, adding to the ideas expressed about perfection, choices, and the unpredictability of life.
The client wanted some materials promoting their independent business and had some ideas. Mainly they wanted a classical painting-type image in the middle, and some sort of vintage-y look to the rest.
I decided to give them multiple posters with different main images since that was the easy part, only requiring me to peruse through free to use old paintings online.
The rest I did traditionally before editing in photoshop and coloring with watercolor textures.
The fonts I found on free font websites, and I went for a classy, art nouveau/deco feel